Theory-and evidence-based campaigns and interventions are more effective in the behavior change process than those that are not based on evidence and theory. In this research line, we apply communication and behavioral theories to design, evaluate, and implement communication campaigns and interventions, with a special focus on the understanding of the underlying mechanisms. The aim is to gain insight in which content elements, design elements, behavior change techniques, and modes of delivery work best under which conditions for which target group.
- Theme 4.1 Evaluating and improving digital health communication
- Theme 4.2 Entertainment-Education
- Theme 4.3 Risky business? How to optimize risk communication
- Theme 4.4 Effective persuasive communication for the 50+ target group
- Theme 4.5 Using social proof in communication campaigns and interventions
- Theme 4.6 Green advertising and CSR